Verify that you are a registered voter in Georgia
Go to the Secretary of State’s My Voter Page.
In the MVP Login section, enter your first initial, last name, county and date of birth.
Click submit. If you get a message that says “Your registration information was not located”, that means you are not registered to vote.
If you need to register to vote, click here to get instructions.
Download the Application for Absentee Ballot form from the Secretary of State’s website here.
Under “Absentee Voting by Mail”, click the link that says, “Click here to view a fillable PDF of the Georgia Application for Official Absentee Ballot”.
There are two methods in which you can fill out this application once you have opened the PDF:
- Use the fillable PDF to type in your information:
The PDF should have opened in your browser with light blue highlighted areas. Use your computer and type in all of this information.
- Print out the PDF and fill it out by hand:
Use a blue or black pen only.
Use the same pen to fill out the entire application.
At the top left where it says Date of Primary, Election, or Runoff. Write the date of the election for which you want a ballot with numbers: MM/DD/YEAR.
Where it says Voter name, write your first name, last name, middle name, and suffix THAT YOU USED WHEN YOU REGISTERED TO VOTE. To locate that information, go to My Voter Page. Locate the words MVP Login. Fill out the boxes with * next to it. Click submit. On the left side of the page will be your name and address you provided when you registered to vote.
Where it says Permanent address on file with the county election office, write your address that you used when you registered to vote. Include the name of the county where you are registered to vote.
If you wish to request your ballot to a different address than the one at which you are registered to vote, write that address where it says Temporary address where you want your ballot sent. If you want to update the address on your registration with this address, check the box in that section.
Write your date of birth with numbers: MM/DD/YEAR.
To receive a ballot, you MUST place a checkmark indicating which ballot you want: Democratic, Republican, OR nonpartisan.
Include your phone number. Add your email address (if you have one).
If someone is helping you to fill out your application, two areas must be filled out. See the document at the bottom of the page to see which areas a helper must fill out.
Sign and date the application. The signature can be handwritten or digital. Be sure to sign it EXACTLY as you signed when you registered to vote … or place your mark.
Date the application using numbers. MM/DD/2020
If you assisted an illiterate or disabled voter in completing this application, sign and date it as well.
If you are applying on behalf of a relative who is temporarily living out of the country or is disabled, you must sign it and list the relationship as well.
NOTE: It’s a good idea to have someone else check your application to ensure that everything is filled out carefully.
If you are 65 or older, physically disabled, or living overseas, indicate it at the end of the application so you will automatically receive a ballot by mail for every election through January 2021.
All other voters need to submit this application for every election in which they want to vote by mail.
There are four ways to send in your mail-in absentee ballot application:
- By email to Voter@forsythco.com (free of charge)
- By mailing it through the postal service to
- Forsyth County Voter Registrations and Elections
- 1201 Sawnee Drive, Cumming, GA 30040
- By fax to 770-886-2825
- In person at Forsyth County Voter Registrations and Elections office at 1201 Sawnee Drive, Cumming, GA 30040.
To send by email
- With a cell phone, take a photo of your completed and signed application. OR with a computer printer, scan your completed and signed application.
- Attach your application to a blank email to send to Voter@forsythco.com.
- Copy the email address and paste it into your email.
- For the subject, type “Application for Absentee Ballot for (include your legal name).”
- Click send.
- You should receive your ballot about six days or less after the absentee ballot application is received.
To send by mail
- This requires you to put a First-Class postage stamp on the envelope.
- If you received your application in the mail, cut off the top of the mailer by cutting along the dotted line.
- Fold the panels so that the address to your county elections office is visible on the outside.
- To secure the mailer and to protect your information, tab or tape shut using clear tape within 1 inch of the bottom edge. This is required for the post office to accept it.
- Place a 55¢ First-Class stamp in the upper right corner where it says “AFFIX FIRST-CLASS STAMP HERE.”
- You should receive your ballot within six business days.
To send by fax
- Through an Online Fax Service or Computer
- Open the program from the online fax service provider that you are using or the computer program that you want to fax from
- Select the absentee ballot request form file
- Enter the fax number 770-886-2825
- Press send
- Through Fax Machine
- Place application request form into document feeder
- Enter the fax number 770-886-2825
- Press Send/Go
- Drop off the application at the Forsyth County Voter Registrations and Elections office at 1201 Sawnee Drive, Cumming, GA 30040.
Please contact us at email@example.com f you encounter any problems with this process.
OPEN RECORD REQUESTS AT: https://www.forsythco.com/Portals/0/Documents/CommunityDevelopment/Open_Records_Request_Form.pdf